What you need:
- 2 Pencil
- Clear tape – wide heavy duty packing tape is easiest to use because it does not wrinkle or crease as easy -- but any clear tape will work. Do not use matte or frosted tape.
- White paper
- Phone, camera or scanner to capture image and save as .jpg.
Note: If you already have a fingerprint/footprint/thumbprint, take a photo or scan and submit via email to: email@example.com
Use pencil to make a nice dark area big enough to capture your full fingerprint impression.
GET PIECE OF CLEAR TAPE READY - STICKY SIDE TOWARDS YOU
Rub/Smear entire fingerprint area in pencil lead and then “roll” finger from side to side on STICKY SIDE OF TAPE. This step is important. You will get a much better impression when you use tape. If you just rub the print on white paper, the image can smear and will not be as detailed.
TURN TAPE OVER AND STICK TO WHITE PAPER.
- If your impression is too dark – immediately make another one without adding any more pencil lead.
- If your impression is too light – rub more pencil lead and try again.
- Children under the age of 12 months typically have not developed detailed fingerprints. Try using a footprint or palm print. Send as large an image as you want. I can crop as necessary.
- Elderly tend to lose detail in their fingerprints. You might need to try several times on different fingers. Alternately, use a palm print.
Take a photo of your prints. Try to get as close as possible. Review your image... make sure it is clear.
Submit photo via email to: ContactAdornDesigns@gmail.com
You MUST identify your email with the following information so we can accurately fulfill your order:
- Any initial stamping / birthstones / or position if applicable
- Order ID #